Monday 29 April 2013

EAT - SPICY SATAY CHICKEN

At work we sometimes get food delivered for big meetings, on Thursday there was a board meeting and I was super excited for some satay chicken skewers that Simbiosis does.. they are delicious... so delicious in fact by the time I got to them they were all gone!! I was so upset. So today after cleaning up I thought I would attempt make something similar but with a twist..

INGREDIENTS - Feeds 2 people as main or 4 as starters

300g - Chicken cubed - I prefer thighs but breast would be yummy too
2 tbsp peanut butter - I used smooth but chunky would work better
1 tbsp oil
1/2 fresh red chili - finely chopped
1 garlic clove - finely chopped
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1/2 tbsp of finally chopped fresh coriander
1 tsp of fish sauce
1 lime - juice

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180oC, 250oF, Gas Mark 4
2. In a small bowl mix the peanut butter, lime juice, salt, pepper, red chili, garlic and soy sauce to make a paste.
3. Place chicken in a ovenproof dish ( I used my small Pyrex dish) and spread the paste over the chicken. If you can leave it overnight the flavours would be 100 times better.
4. Cook the chicken for 25 minutes, don't forget to check it's cooked through!!
5. Enjoy!!

PS. I served mine with some noodles but they might be better with rice or potatoes.
PPS. The chicken would look really pretty on skewers if you have the patience but it doesn't affect the taste haha.

Taste: 5/5
Presentation: 3/5
Skill: Easy
Prep: 10 mins
Ready in: 30 mins.
Inspiration: Jamie Oliver

Thanks Maz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment