Banana bread is one of my favourite baked good.. it pretends to be healthy but is delicious and easy to make.. I have used the following recipe for a while and it's perfect... moist, light and tasty.
285g plain flour
225g white sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 salt eggs
4 mashed ripe bananas
85ml buttermilk (I make mine with normal milk and 2 tsp of lemon)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your over to 180oF
2. Add flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, mash bananas, beat eggs, add vanilla extract, mix in butter and gently stir in buttermilk.
4. Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients folding the mixture gently until combined.
5. Grease or line a loaf tin and pour in the mixture. (often I have extra batter left over so I make some muffins too)
6. Place in the middle of the oven and cook for about 60 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove and cool.
Tip: I LOVE this banana bread served warm with Mackie's ice cream but if you want to eat the banana bread the next day it's delicious sliced, toasted and covered in butter.
Love Maz x